Initial Login to PeopleSoft/SELFREG
We recommend that you use Internet Explorer for your PeopleSoft connection. PeopleSoft may not function as well on other browsers or on older Internet Explorer versions.You need to activate your Williams e-mail account before you try to log in to PeopleSoft.
- Visit PeopleSoft. Set a Favorite for this page.
- Click on the Forgot My Password page, enter your User ID (W must be in caps). Click continue.
- Answer the default reminder question. (This default reminder was set from your Admission record. If you think you are answering this correctly, but you see an error message that your response is not correct, please e-mail [email protected] with your name, User ID and what you think the response should be.)
- Click email new password. Do not click this button repeatedly, even though it gives no indication of response.
- Close your Internet Explorer window.
- A new randomly-generated password will be e-mailed to you within a few minutes.
- Open Internet Explorer and connect to the login screen again.
- At the login page, enter your User ID (W must be in caps) and your new password (case sensitive). You will immediately see a message that your password has expired.
- Click here to change your password.
- Enter the new e-mailed password you just received (case sensitive) as the Current Password.
- Enter a New Password and Confirm Password. The password is case-sensitive (remember how you entered it) and must be a minimum of 8 alphanumeric characters, one or more of which must be a digit.
- Click OK and click Sign Out (upper right of the page) to log off.
- Log back on again using your newly created password.
If you forget your password, click the Forgot My Password. Below are a few tips on using this system:
- After 10 consecutive unsuccessful login attempts you will be locked out, at which point you must link and walk through the steps above. Email [email protected] to have the account unlocked. (You must e-mail from your @williams.edu address to resolve account problems.) This may take some time and you will then need to go through the Forgot My Password routine. Tip: Stop trying at 9 and just click Forgot My Password.
- All passwords expire after 180 days. Countdown warning messages will begin appearing 30 days prior to the expiration date. If your password has already expired, you will be transferred to your personal account page where you must create a new password as described above.
Acceptable Browser Versions for PeopleSoft Users:
Windows 7, 8
Firefox 7, 8
MS Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10
Firefox 7, 8
MS Internet Explorer 8, 9
Firefox 7, 8
Mac OS X
Safari 4, 5
The PeopleSoft application client footprint is optimized for desktop, not tablet-specific clients. They currently support the following mobile browsers:
Apple iOS 5:
Apple iOS 4.3.3:
To check your Internet Explorer browser version:
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click ‘Help’ or ‘Explorer’
3. Click ‘About Internet Explorer’ and look for the version number. To upgrade your browser, visit your browser supplier’s website for information.
Still having problems? Try these steps:
1. Clear any cookies
2. Make sure you are accepting cookies
3. Exit completely from your web browser and try logging in again.
Setting your browser for English Language:
If your browser is set to a language other than English, you must reset it. You must have the English character set at the top of the list in order for PeopleSoft to recognize it. The instructions following are for Explorer 6 or 7. If you are using something else as a browser, similar things may be occurring. To install the English character set, do the following:
1. Open a browser window
2. Click on Tools
3. Click on Internet Options
4. Click on Languages
5. You should get a window that looks like the one below. If you do not have the ‘English (United States) [enus]’
option added, click on the Add button and then try again.
If you see odd error messages while trying to connect to the login page, this is probably a browser or operating system problem. E-mail to [email protected] for help; explain as much as you can about the error message and your software version information.